Software Inc. combines tycoon gameplay with multi-story building mechanics, employee management and a simulated market. It is inspired by games like Game Dev Tycoon, Prison Architect, The Sims and Theme Hospital.
- Build, furnish and maintain office buildings up to ten stories, on an enormous land
- Hire employees to design, develop, support, research and market software in teams
- Tend to your employees’ needs, demands and education, while making sure each team has compatible personalities
- Customize your own employee avatar
- Create your own software products and franchises
- Compete in a simulated or event-driven market by selling your products, taking on contract work or trading stocks
- Hire staff to repair your furniture and computers, and clean your office
- Mod what kind of software you can develop, what kind of companies will be simulated, game scenarios, missions, personalities and random name generators
- Delegate the decision making process to your employees, so you can run an efficient software production machine
- Trello board here
Software Inc. will eventually be released as an early access game when the first playable release is ready. The plan is to release Software Inc. for Windows, Linux and OS X. There will be no always-online DRM and no In-App Purchases.