Author Topic: bugs  (Read 6058 times)

October 28, 2014, 12:39:11 PM
Read 6058 times

mika132

• Information
    • View Profile
I found next bugs:
- In my own stock window that green circle come over all.
- Game crash when i release game engine. (i was marketing on and beta version was only half ready)

Little testing result was that. i testing later more when i can. But GREAT work! :)

October 28, 2014, 12:58:21 PM
Reply #1

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
Thanks for the feedback!

The stock window problem is a known issue, it's the only way to draw something using the free version of Unity. I won't be able to fix it before I can afford Unity Pro.

That sucks, I can't reproduce it. Can you remember anything else about the game engine you were making or anything else you were doing before it crashed?

Thanks!  :)

October 28, 2014, 01:22:34 PM
Reply #2

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
I've added some logging, so the next time it crashes, I should get an error message on my end  :)

October 29, 2014, 11:39:14 AM
Reply #3

mika132

• Information
    • View Profile
OKay. I don't get that crash again.. It maybe was my computer. :D

But here few bug more:
- In character create when i press misanthropist it open jacket color choosen.
- I can take loan 1 000 000 even if the limit is reached. if i close loan window and open again there is 1 000 000 in loan place. Then i put 24moths and take loan and close loan window and open again.
- Loan's window have bug too. Text label heigth is too small that writing place because half is gone. i put picture under
- i create game engine but i can't use that my self? Or do i undestoond somethign wrong?  ;D There was only compiler and visual tool and audio tool.. no game engine.
- I don't know have you planned that, or i don't just found that but can player make compiler somehow?
- when company go bancrupty can it before bancrupty ask (Show stock) so player can sell stocks and get money for that. If player have stocks. (take loan) and bankgrupty. You undestoond what i mean?
- I bought stocks (40%) but when i get more money and try bought 10% more i can't. Why?
- I sell 100% my own stocks and game "crash" it's work but "my own stocks" window dosen't open anymore.

There's now little more bugs.. Let's watch when i get those more. :)
YEAH! i got idea's too:
- Maybe in employee page can be in "team" and "role" place options button? :D i just think it little easier to choose those. :)

- Product bought. I don't to discover that much yet, but if i understoond right i get other companys product only if i bought those? I just think that maybe is good if can only bought some product? You know. I have much money and some company have very VERY good game engine and i wanna that. :D

- Not for sell game engines? Is that good. Can make normal game engine or Open source or be really big bitch and don't sell that anyone. (of corse some company can say do you wanna 10 000 000 for that game engine license and you can choose do you sell. :D

But still love your work! I can't wait when coming little more ready!  :D

LOAN WINDOW
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:38:09 PM by mika132 »

October 29, 2014, 12:45:00 PM
Reply #4

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
Thank you so much for the feedback! It is very helpful!

I actually forgot to add Game Engine as a Game need...

The plan is that compilers will be hidden in the game. It's like an initial seed that all products derive from. Since the quality of products depend on the products they are made from, I have no way of controlling the quality of a compiler, but I can control the quality of all products in the game from the first compiler.

Do you mean that your employees are paid too much or that they make too much for the company? They should be getting at most 4000 a month, each.

When you use other companies' products, you pay for a license the first time only. You have to buy the entire company to sell their products. I don't know if I want to change that, the game might just end up being about stock trading and selling other peoples products. I want there to be a reason to develop your own products.

October 29, 2014, 01:45:42 PM
Reply #5

mika132

• Information
    • View Profile
yeah sorry. I was blind. Never mind I saw wrong to salary (i see that was million) ;D

i think that again and Yeah it's maybe good to you can't buy others companys products. You are right. :)

God damn hard game. I make bankruptcy all the time. Because i forgot watch that money and then it go minus. If you possibly could do next update, if go minus it ask that do you wanna take loan. :D

one bug i forgot to tell.
I don't get when this happen.. sometimes. But i take loan, and it dosen't come in "loan book" anywhere. I was money to pay that holy loan away, but i can't because it don't be anywhere.

It make that always then when i develop something and i have few worker. Then i take loan and it take that and i pay every mounth but it isn't in loan book
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:04:38 PM by mika132 »

October 29, 2014, 03:12:11 PM
Reply #6

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
Thank you!

I fixed most of the bugs and updated the demo, you can see it in the changelog.

It will probably be a while before I can get around to fixing everything, though, since I will be busy this week. I will try to get the "loan or sell stock" before bankruptcy in the next update.

October 30, 2014, 09:43:05 AM
Reply #7

mika132

• Information
    • View Profile
Hello again.  :D

Little bug updates. I found that same write bug almost everyplace where is little too big words. I mean that same bug what was in loan window.
- I found that crash bug again. If GameEngine is ready (not released yet) and i start marketing. All go right but then i press END from marketing project and game crash. It dosen't crash if i end marketing before game is ready. Only when it is ready.

- That Misanthropist bug is still there. I press character create mode that Misanthropist come jacket color choose

- I don't are sure what happened. But i marketing a game with Marketing Team. and when it was ready i dismiss the team. (before i put marketing end) and game get really funny bug. Now i can't develop anything with my other teams, because that project panel dosen't come anywhere and Right down corner is that options button. It disappear too.. I dismiss team because i don't want to press end, because game crash.
AND THEN I SEE SOMETHING!
I don't find anywhere fire employee button?

- I don't are sure is this bug or you don't have do it yet, but i can't sell stocks from another company. If i bought some stocks 30% and then i wanna sell 10% it is impossible. I can only sell ALL. :)

- Then if i wanna bought stocks from some one else. ( i mean if company have more investor than one) i must bought all from another investor and that who is company boss is only option witch i can select how much i wanna buy.

That same problem coming when i sell my own company stocks 10% and then i have little money i wanna buy little back. It's not possible, because i have to buy all back and i don't have money so much.

- Then.. i can make little more money to me if i sell my company stocks 50%. I get about 5 000credits. BUT! If i take first loan 100 000 creadits with one month and then i sell 50% i can get 55 000. And then i pay loan away and i have money 63 000. So that mean i have 53 000 more than before money. And then i bought my 50% back and still i have 28 000.
Then i do this again... And now i have 40 000 and still 100% to my company. :) Easy get money.

And if i wanna be really big shit head i put before i bought my stocks back 80%my moneys some other company and then i bought my stocks back because those are really cheap then. :) I get 60 000 more because making that one time and now i have 100 000credits.

- Bug: If i bought some company Owners stocks. If he only have 12% i Get holy company to mee.. Almost. Game say i get that and company disappear in stocks list, but i don't get company's product. So there is little bug.  :D

There now few bug more. Ask if you don't undestoond i can maybe try give you some video and photos those situation. :)

Question:
How you calculate stock price? Because i don't see that anywhere. Only net worth and i think you calculate stock price that?

Then.. Where i can see my employees skills. I forgot all the time those and because team is little i have "any role" for all workers, but when it come bigger i can put those in right roles, but i don't remember who was good desinger and who programmer.

October 30, 2014, 05:27:43 PM
Reply #8

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
Thank you for all the feedback, it's great!

Little bug updates. I found that same write bug almost everyplace where is little too big words. I mean that same bug what was in loan window.
I am aware of this, the user interface will get an overhaul at some point.

- I found that crash bug again. If GameEngine is ready (not released yet) and i start marketing. All go right but then i press END from marketing project and game crash. It dosen't crash if i end marketing before game is ready. Only when it is ready.
I can't reproduce this, maybe there's something I don't understand? Before you press release, you press END on the marketing campaign and the game crashes?
On a side note, the marketing campaign will end automatically when you release.

- That Misanthropist bug is still there. I press character create mode that Misanthropist come jacket color choose
The game was designed for fullscreen, you can fix this by going fullscreen mode. I will have to redesign the menu, but it will take some time.

- I don't are sure what happened. But i marketing a game with Marketing Team. and when it was ready i dismiss the team. (before i put marketing end) and game get really funny bug. Now i can't develop anything with my other teams, because that project panel dosen't come anywhere and Right down corner is that options button. It disappear too.. I dismiss team because i don't want to press end, because game crash.
AND THEN I SEE SOMETHING!
I don't find anywhere fire employee button?
You don't have to dismiss the team, you can use the team again for another project. But this was a major bug, I have now fixed it. You actually generated 19358 error messages with this one  ;D http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/ErrorLog.php.

You fire employees using the right click menu, with employees selected, and press "Dismiss".

- I don't are sure is this bug or you don't have do it yet, but i can't sell stocks from another company. If i bought some stocks 30% and then i wanna sell 10% it is impossible. I can only sell ALL. :)

- Then if i wanna bought stocks from some one else. ( i mean if company have more investor than one) i must bought all from another investor and that who is company boss is only option witch i can select how much i wanna buy.

That same problem coming when i sell my own company stocks 10% and then i have little money i wanna buy little back. It's not possible, because i have to buy all back and i don't have money so much.
Selling or buying a fraction of a stock isn't in yet, this will take a while since the math is a mess, but it is on the todo list.

- Then.. i can make little more money to me if i sell my company stocks 50%. I get about 5 000credits. BUT! If i take first loan 100 000 creadits with one month and then i sell 50% i can get 55 000. And then i pay loan away and i have money 63 000. So that mean i have 53 000 more than before money. And then i bought my 50% back and still i have 28 000.
Then i do this again... And now i have 40 000 and still 100% to my company. :) Easy get money.

And if i wanna be really big shit head i put before i bought my stocks back 80%my moneys some other company and then i bought my stocks back because those are really cheap then. :) I get 60 000 more because making that one time and now i have 100 000credits.

That is really sneaky! You can now only sell stocks for money you don't owe  :P

- Bug: If i bought some company Owners stocks. If he only have 12% i Get holy company to mee.. Almost. Game say i get that and company disappear in stocks list, but i don't get company's product. So there is little bug.  :D
I can't reproduce this. How many products does the game say you get?

Question:
How you calculate stock price? Because i don't see that anywhere. Only net worth and i think you calculate stock price that?
Stock price is listed as "cost" or "worth". When a company sells stock, they can sell up to the amount they have in their bank account, so if they sold 90% they would get 90% of their bank account added, so 190%, but someone would own 90% of what is in their bank account at any time, until they buy it back. It is a bit unrealistic, but it works in a gamey way. "change" tells you how much the stock has changed in value since it was bought.

Then.. Where i can see my employees skills. I forgot all the time those and because team is little i have "any role" for all workers, but when it come bigger i can put those in right roles, but i don't remember who was good desinger and who programmer.
In the right click menu, with employees selected, click "Details" to see all their stats.

The skill and education points shown in the employee window is for the role they currently have, so if you set them as programmers, it will be their programming skill.

October 31, 2014, 04:24:18 PM
Reply #9

mika132

• Information
    • View Profile
Okay. Today i don't are see any bugs! :)

One think. That's really irritating those employee lament all the time. No place to go pee.. no food and no that and no that. Some other employee is stupid. I just think is that some bug because when i have two teams different buildings (middle of those building is WC) i put there two toilets, but still coming that info.. "No place to go pee. No food. Starving" and there is both team have fridge and STILL! :D

One day and about 10 times they lament something. :D

November 01, 2014, 11:27:24 AM
Reply #10

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
Yeah, that is definitely something I want to fix. Functionally it doesn't really matter, since they will forget about it pretty quickly if their problem is fixed, so they should probably just wait a bit before they start complaining. For example, if the toilet/fridge is taken by someone else, they will complain about there being no toilet/food until it is free for them to use, so you can just ignore that.

November 06, 2014, 07:08:27 AM
Reply #11

mika132

• Information
    • View Profile
My own projects has make me very busy, so i don't are tested long time but now i got time! :)

- I don't are sure what happened. Sittuation was this:
Core team There was only me. And that team makes contract work.
PowerStudio. There was one designer and programmer (They role was set Any role) and they make game engine.
Then game engine was ready i build new office and there i put team what was named Marketing and i hire one buddy over
there who marketing game engine. And then coming new morning and game just crash.

- IT buddy don't go ever away.

- IT buddy sitting 90degree wrong. (photo under) because i don't get that word how explain. :D

- My team power studio has just little problem. I made they own room and set up that only power studio. Then all go right.
BUT few day's later they stop using fridge? :O
They only say "i'm starving" and fridge was just next to they (photo under and next bug is too same picture)

- I can but door same place where is window.

Idea's:
Yeah i got one. Have you forgotten or am i stupid and i don't found that, but where is delete tool? If i wanna delete some window or wall or door..

There is that fridge and they just don't use that

And here is that IT buddy:

November 06, 2014, 08:07:23 PM
Reply #12

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
Thank you! I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.

I can see from my error log that the IT guy had problems getting to a computer, I will look into that.

That is very weird about the fridge, and the smoke next to the toilet should probably be in the toilet, that's odd.

You can delete doors and windows by placing a wall on top of it, it is in the same menu as the doors, I should probably make it more clear.
You can delete a wall between two rooms by constructing a new room on top of them, I added this last week.

November 07, 2014, 07:20:42 PM
Reply #13

mika132

• Information
    • View Profile
Hello again now there is some very nice bug. :D

I can't cive you any info. Only that:
- I just try make my another team Operating System and now.. I have two employee and other staying outside and other just go fridge and then toilet. anyone don't go computers. That dosen't happen again in same game time.. I fire those "bug" employee and crash room and build bigger and take new guys, and all works fine. :D

And some times workers just stop do what they do.. And if i put project for another team and then another then workers make it. :)

I know those is hard bugs because i can't give any info. I try if i found something tell how that all happen. Some times i really get those worker crazy.. :D

November 08, 2014, 08:59:56 AM
Reply #14

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
I couldn't reproduce it. When workers aren't working, have you tried opening their "Details" window and looking at thoughts? If they have a need that isn't being fulfilled or they are unhappy about something, if they don't like someone on their team for example, they will stop working.