Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 8738 times)

July 10, 2014, 02:30:43 PM
Read 8738 times

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
Do you have any questions about the game or the development, ideas or just something pertaining to the general theme of Software Inc.? Then please knock yourself out and post something.
I'll do my best to get back to you on any questions or feedback.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:30:59 PM by khornel »

October 04, 2014, 08:01:32 PM
Reply #1

mika132

• Information
    • View Profile
I cant wait first demo you create this game!! Come it october?

October 04, 2014, 10:43:55 PM
Reply #2

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
I cant wait first demo you create this game!! Come it october?
Thank you! Yes, at the end of October.

February 07, 2015, 12:09:34 AM
Reply #3

Johnplayers123

• Information
    • View Profile
Umm.. question does the personality of your character effect much? Also could their be personality traits for our employees as well? Choosing to interview them it could be a real deciding factor as to whether they get the job. You'd be more inclined to interviewing people as well.

February 07, 2015, 11:57:36 AM
Reply #4

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
The personalities affect employees' diligence, leadership and aptitude, and also how well they work together, e.g. optimists and pessimists don't work well together. All employees have two personality traits, which can be viewed in their details window and when interviewing them. The interview screen also allows you to see how compatible they are with your teams and the team window allows you to see a teams overall compatibility rating.

April 09, 2015, 11:30:37 AM
Reply #5

Ndition

• Information
    • View Profile
Do you have any official irc-channel for this game?

April 09, 2015, 07:52:55 PM
Reply #6

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
No, I haven't used it before.

May 08, 2015, 08:14:58 AM
Reply #7

x7i

• Information
    • View Profile
I'm really impressed with amount and quality of content to size ratio in this game, not something you see often these days.
UI design is also well thought out, very clean. Tho you could present more/more readable information with less clicking by use of colours in buttons (fe. server load) and columns (fe. employee skills and efficiency, stacking filter for product features), obviously at the cost of loosing some uniformity in the ui, things to consider.

Few things comes to mind after playing for few hours (and hacking the assemblies ;)), most of them minor improvements, content additions or expanding mechanics, but there is one major issue with current setup. Namely, shifts being adjustable per team plus founder not getting tired and having fixed effectiveness creates rather annoying dynamic. At the beginning you need to make him work 22hr a day and either wait until you have enough money to assemble small team to offset loss of work capacity from reducing shift time, or progressively employ but manually send employees home each month (which is an bloody chore).
Logical solution would be to have shift set per employee, alternatively simplest one would be fix shift length and only adjust window like with cleaners, whilst doubling founder effectiveness - with current 10h tired hardcap and effectiveness decay ratios shift lengths are useless other than for founder anyways.

May 16, 2015, 02:22:49 PM
Reply #8

FrozenWind

• Information
    • View Profile
No, I haven't used it before.

there is some option to change the language in-game ? I am translating it into italian but even if I add the folder in the localization one, in game i can select only english.

UPDATE: now I can change it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:47:38 PM by FrozenWind »

May 23, 2015, 11:43:46 PM
Reply #9

Sphider_Man

• Information
    • View Profile
what year does this go to?

August 11, 2015, 10:03:00 PM
Reply #10

Squalalah

• Information
    • View Profile
what year does this go to?

released in end of 2014

November 05, 2015, 05:52:09 PM
Reply #11

• Information
    • View Profile
The question is are you guys playing on Easy Medium or Hard? i play on hard now since easy and medium make 2 much money 2 quickly