Author Topic: Not sure if the community is one for challenge's, but ...  (Read 2863 times)

April 06, 2017, 08:28:32 AM
Read 2863 times

Dark_Yehn

• Information
    • View Profile
The company only develops and distributes open source software under its own trading name, funded through contracts and deals from external companies that distribute closed source.

August 03, 2017, 08:03:34 AM
Reply #1

Harag

• Information
    • View Profile
Sorry, new to the game - what do you mean by "Open Source Software" - I know what it means in RL, but in game terms?

do you mean - Set the price to ZERO so it's free? Hmm never even thought about doing that. - or maybe the price should be £1/$/Eur max to pay for "download bandwidth" costs which I've seen on sites.

I guess printing would be 0 stock too - so it's all digital downloads only?

March 22, 2018, 03:26:37 PM
Reply #2

Dark_Yehn

• Information
    • View Profile
Sorry long delay in response. There was a function in the development screens to make the software 'open source'. I presume it would restrict the availability of the Sale cost window.

I have not played or watched a 'play through' since the original post which has since been moderated.

If in the development / project creation window, there is still an option for creating and releasing 'open source' GNU,GPL, etc, maybe the challenge is still available.

As for distribution, in-game during the non-digital distribution era, The cost  would be funded by the company with profits from the closed source development for external companies. Much like Solaris was shipped by Sun/Oracle in the past.

GL and HF. will check again in six months </smirk>.