Poll

What should be added to ModSauce?

New Software Types
10 (41.7%)
New stuff?? Dude fix the stuff already there!
3 (12.5%)
More Late game software that requires advanced research trees
11 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: [Alpha 5.4]ModSauce 0.6 *Discontinued & Outdated*  (Read 43417 times)

August 28, 2015, 11:19:39 AM
Reply #45

Angel

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey Angel, there actually is a cutoff point in the Software selection screen. If it has too many characters, it gets cut off and looks reallllly bad so that is why I shortened it. Its also why the Programming Language is called Coding Language. I'm sorry if it bugs you :/ its kinda a choice of two evils

Thanks for your answer. I see what you mean.

khornel, are you reading this? Could you make the name fields a bit larger, please?

September 14, 2015, 07:56:09 PM
Reply #46

Tryshard

• Information
    • View Profile
I seem to have a problem creating coding languages.  I can't seem to find the mechanism for creating them.  Its not under the software dev tab.  Where is it?

September 15, 2015, 12:15:29 AM
Reply #47

KiefBC

• Information
    • View Profile
I seem to have a problem creating coding languages.  I can't seem to find the mechanism for creating them.  Its not under the software dev tab.  Where is it?

Have you done the "Research" portion? Hardware Language Research or similar, i can't remember the name of it.

September 15, 2015, 12:31:43 AM
Reply #48

Tryshard

• Information
    • View Profile

Have you done the "Research" portion? Hardware Language Research or similar, i can't remember the name of it.
I've not been able to find the research function.  As far as I can tell the game is the same except some of the menu's are re-arranged and such.  I've been trying to find how to start the research, but I'm missing something.

September 15, 2015, 01:10:53 AM
Reply #49

Tryshard

• Information
    • View Profile
I see where there is a dependency on a code language to develop a game engine.  But no way to create the language.

September 19, 2015, 12:15:57 AM
Reply #50

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey there, sorry for the late response, been busy with school. Ok so the thing to remember with this mod is it simply adds more software so the "Research" is literally a piece of software you create. Also, most new softwares from this mod do not unlock until 1985. So what you should do is start a game at 1990, create the "Hardware Research" under software development tab and then create a coding language under the same tab same as you would create an OS in vanilla Software Inc. Make sense?
Proud owner of the ModSauce! Check it out below!
http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/forum/index.php?topic=129.0

September 20, 2015, 08:22:53 AM
Reply #51

Tryshard

• Information
    • View Profile
Thanks for the answer I'll try that.

December 07, 2015, 12:23:48 AM
Reply #52

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
Due to the changes coming to the game, and previous changes already in place, I no longer see ModSauce being viable in its current state. After Alpha 7 drops I will reevaluate and see if ModSauce can be rebuilt, but with company specializations and software categories coming I don't see ModSauce being worthwhile in its current state. Thank you all for your support and helping reach almost 500 total downloads! I hope to work some over Christmas break since this semester has crushed my desire to put in any work on the mod. Stay frosty ya'll!

January 26, 2016, 11:30:04 AM
Reply #53

drakrochma

• Information
    • View Profile
Does this still work for the new version7.7 or is there a release date or something like this?
I would love to play this mod :)

If there will be a new version, may I translate it to german?

January 31, 2016, 05:12:58 AM
Reply #54

KiefBC

• Information
    • View Profile
Does this still work for the new version7.7 or is there a release date or something like this?
I would love to play this mod :)

If there will be a new version, may I translate it to german?

Closest we get to ModSauce is:

http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/forum/index.php?topic=330.0

The mod WILL NOT work for the newest Update. We all hope he updates the mod! But with SI's dev road, it appears updates are coming fast, and hot! Might almost be worth it for modders to wait till we hit a lull in development.

February 03, 2016, 06:02:40 AM
Reply #55

drock577

• Information
    • View Profile
Is it possible that ModSauce be put up on GitHub and the community can improve it over time? That way you don't have to keep updating it yourself?

February 03, 2016, 07:26:15 PM
Reply #56

amensch

• Information
  • Live a life worth remembering.
    • View Profile
Is it possible that ModSauce be put up on GitHub and the community can improve it over time? That way you don't have to keep updating it yourself?

I'll try to update it to Alpha 7. When I'm done, I'll post it.

February 09, 2016, 04:27:58 PM
Reply #57

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
Link to amensch's updated version: http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/forum/index.php?topic=526.0

There you go drock. Consider that the 'community' version! Just to reiterate, everyone is welcome to modify the mod on their own, and even to redistribute assuming credit is given where its due ;) but I appreciate what amensch has done and am in support of it. I'm just not able currently to spend the necessary time updating and working on the mod :/