Poll

What should be added to ModSauce?

New Software Types
10 (41.7%)
New stuff?? Dude fix the stuff already there!
3 (12.5%)
More Late game software that requires advanced research trees
11 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: [Alpha 5.4]ModSauce 0.6 *Discontinued & Outdated*  (Read 40968 times)

July 20, 2015, 08:41:02 PM
Reply #30

deviousdaemon

• Information
    • View Profile
I just loaded up a save from yesterday where I started to play your mod, and I found that all the software I made (like Hardware Research, Coding Language, etc.) can't be used in software for some reason. I can see the software in my releases but cannot use it in new software.

July 21, 2015, 02:11:15 AM
Reply #31

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
Thank you all for your information concerning this bug. I will forward this to the Dev because I do not believe this was caused by, nor can be fixed by my mod as my own testing has shown this happens with a brand new mod containing only two basic dependency linked softwares. The mod will remain on the forums but will not be updated until this breaking bug has been fixed by the developer. Thank you all for your patience, and I'm really sorry it makes the game basically unplayable in multiple sessions :(
Proud owner of the ModSauce! Check it out below!
http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/forum/index.php?topic=129.0

July 26, 2015, 11:29:18 PM
Reply #32

KiefBC

• Information
    • View Profile

July 28, 2015, 11:13:51 PM
Reply #33

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
Wait no longer Kief, 0.6 is finally here!

July 29, 2015, 04:36:33 AM
Reply #34

KiefBC

• Information
    • View Profile
OMG! AI are releasing custom software OOOHHHHHHMMMYYYGGGOOOOOD.

Thank you.

August 12, 2015, 03:16:33 AM
Reply #35

fabiorizzo

• Information
    • View Profile
Hi, your mod is awesome!!! Thanks for made it =)

I would like to ask: To build Visual Tools or to build anything, like Operation System, the Programming language could be required? Its not make more sense in terms of " real World"?

August 12, 2015, 03:25:00 AM
Reply #36

Squalalah

• Information
    • View Profile

I would like to ask: To build Visual Tools or to build anything, like Operation System, the Programming language could be required? Its not make more sense in terms of " real World"?
hi!

Mods can't interfere with basic elements.
(except if you modify your game)

August 12, 2015, 08:30:45 PM
Reply #37

fabiorizzo

• Information
    • View Profile

hi!

Hummm, you mean that its impossible using mods to update some feature or put some dependencie into basic softwares of the game?

August 12, 2015, 08:52:47 PM
Reply #38

Squalalah

• Information
    • View Profile

hi!

Hummm, you mean that its impossible using mods to update some feature or put some dependencie into basic softwares of the game?

impossible into basic softwares, except if you modify game content (resource file in software inc_data)

August 12, 2015, 09:21:21 PM
Reply #39

fabiorizzo

• Information
    • View Profile

hi!

impossible into basic softwares, except if you modify game content (resource file in software inc_data)

Ok, thanks =)

August 12, 2015, 10:48:43 PM
Reply #40

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
Actually guys, it is totally possible to overwrite base game files using xml. Its documented in the wiki, but basically you just create a software type with the same name and the Overwrite tag. However, I have chosen to modify as little as possible because it would cause problems with other mods that overwrite the same files, thus causing compatibility issues, so for the sake of keeping ModSauce user friendly I have changed very little

August 12, 2015, 10:58:05 PM
Reply #41

Squalalah

• Information
    • View Profile
Actually guys, it is totally possible to overwrite base game files using xml. Its documented in the wiki, but basically you just create a software type with the same name and the Overwrite tag. However, I have chosen to modify as little as possible because it would cause problems with other mods that overwrite the same files, thus causing compatibility issues, so for the sake of keeping ModSauce user friendly I have changed very little

oh ok, i do not think having understood the whole wiki (my english is not perfect).

Yes, and also, the problem is when 2 mods have a same name in their mod, it causes incompatibility.

August 24, 2015, 09:24:47 PM
Reply #42

holypaladin

• Information
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 10:06:38 PM by holypaladin »

August 27, 2015, 01:37:44 PM
Reply #43

Angel

• Information
    • View Profile
Bit of a nitpicky question:

Is there a reason why you call the software types 'Adv. Game Research' and 'Adv. Game Engine', rather than 'Advanced Game Research' and 'Advanced Game Engine'? It's not that many more characters and - at least to me - it simply looks better.

August 27, 2015, 08:46:12 PM
Reply #44

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey Angel, there actually is a cutoff point in the Software selection screen. If it has too many characters, it gets cut off and looks reallllly bad so that is why I shortened it. Its also why the Programming Language is called Coding Language. I'm sorry if it bugs you :/ its kinda a choice of two evils