Poll

What should be added to ModSauce?

New Software Types
10 (41.7%)
New stuff?? Dude fix the stuff already there!
3 (12.5%)
More Late game software that requires advanced research trees
11 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: [Alpha 5.4]ModSauce 0.6 *Discontinued & Outdated*  (Read 42856 times)

July 07, 2015, 08:06:56 PM
Reply #15

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
If you have any desired features/software types you want to see in the game, please post them here or PM me! I'm always open to suggestions
Proud owner of the ModSauce! Check it out below!
http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/forum/index.php?topic=129.0

July 07, 2015, 09:21:02 PM
Reply #16

KiefBC

• Information
    • View Profile
Can i make a suggestion? As a new user to this mod: I still have no idea what this mod does. I can see it adds stuff, but what? Maybe have a feature list of what it does and changes? I know it states it in the 'update' log, but most users won't check there.

July 07, 2015, 09:40:59 PM
Reply #17

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
Great suggestion thank you! I'll add that right away.

EDIT: Also prettied it up a little, no reason the mod has to look like an obituary
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:53:28 PM by Boss Sauce »

July 07, 2015, 09:55:17 PM
Reply #18

KiefBC

• Information
    • View Profile
Fast response! Wohoo! Thanks!

Been using the mod since i posted, and it really feels like a better game now thanks to it!

July 13, 2015, 01:33:25 AM
Reply #19

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
Bump for 0.5.1 and Research update. Have any suggestions? Please leave them! Constructive Criticism is welcome as well

July 13, 2015, 01:54:20 AM
Reply #20

KiefBC

• Information
    • View Profile

July 13, 2015, 09:24:15 PM
Reply #21

KiefBC

• Information
    • View Profile
Will the AI ever release the stuff you are adding? Or is it simply something not yet available to you as a modder? Because my god will this compliment the game once it can.

I would love to be able to also see this stuff in the future:

Vsync/Gsync
Higher Hz Rate Games = More Cost to make (More than 60hz), but also less demand (Not as many people use higher than 60hz), but more constant fanbase
Game "DLC" (Only available while the game is selling)
Game "Expansion" (Available at any time to develop)
Allow us to develop "special" features that once you have, no other company can have (IE - CompanyA makes a Audio Driver and specializes in ULTRAAUDIO100.5SURROUNDSOUND and now if a companyB wants to use that, they have to give you an offer and after, they don't have it still, they must ask again. Sort of like how Nvidia has GameWorks and AMD doesn't)
Add a "Collectors" Edition of some software and games

I don't know, just some ideas.

July 13, 2015, 09:45:51 PM
Reply #22

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
Will the AI ever release the stuff you are adding? Or is it simply something not yet available to you as a modder? Because my god will this compliment the game once it can.

I would love to be able to also see this stuff in the future:

Vsync/Gsync
Higher Hz Rate Games = More Cost to make (More than 60hz), but also less demand (Not as many people use higher than 60hz), but more constant fanbase
Game "DLC" (Only available while the game is selling)
Game "Expansion" (Available at any time to develop)
Allow us to develop "special" features that once you have, no other company can have (IE - CompanyA makes a Audio Driver and specializes in ULTRAAUDIO100.5SURROUNDSOUND and now if a companyB wants to use that, they have to give you an offer and after, they don't have it still, they must ask again. Sort of like how Nvidia has GameWorks and AMD doesn't)
Add a "Collectors" Edition of some software and games

I don't know, just some ideas.

Some cool ideas, thank you! As per the AI companies, currently modding the AI to release modded software is broken and until that is addressed there is nothing I can do.

For the other suggestions, most of that is not possible with modding the way it is since I can't change how the game fundamentally works, at least not through XML. If any of that becomes possible through modding though, I will do my best to include your ideas :)

July 14, 2015, 05:58:11 PM
Reply #23

Eggman264

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey, I've got a problem. When I got to create something that needs anything you have added it says there are 0 of that thing even though I have created them. 

July 14, 2015, 11:01:43 PM
Reply #24

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey, I've got a problem. When I got to create something that needs anything you have added it says there are 0 of that thing even though I have created them.

Hey Eggman, I'm sorry to hear about your bug! If possible, could you send me a screenshot? I have been unable to reproduce the bug so it would also help if you told me what software you were trying to create and what software needs didn't show up. I'll keep trying to reproduce it and fix it :/ but thats about all I can do, sorry

July 15, 2015, 07:32:49 AM
Reply #25

Eggman264

• Information
    • View Profile
I was trying to create the Advanced Game Engine, but this goes for anything that requires a coding language and/or an audio card driver and/or a video card driver, but even though I have made 4 coding languages, 1 video card driver and 1 audio card driver it say that I have 0 when I go to select them for the Dependencies section.

July 15, 2015, 06:08:58 PM
Reply #26

KiefBC

• Information
    • View Profile
Bug:

Hardware "Research" Instantly finishes "Design" phase and stops at the begining of Coding phase and never goes past 0% and after, my team no longer develops any kind of software (Vanilla and your mod). It is 1983.

July 15, 2015, 06:41:39 PM
Reply #27

Boss Sauce

• Information
    • View Profile
Bug:

Hardware "Research" Instantly finishes "Design" phase and stops at the begining of Coding phase and never goes past 0% and after, my team no longer develops any kind of software (Vanilla and your mod). It is 1983.

Kief, you'll unfortunatly need to upgrade to the latest version (0.5.2). I fixed that bug and research now works fine. Sorry for the inconvenience :/

Eggman, I've tested myself and I can't seem to reproduce the bug :/ my only guess is you've messed with the save file or something, but I would recommend making sure you are using version 0.5.2 and installing that if you aren't, then starting a new game. Sorry for the inconvenience, I know its frustrating to lose a save. I'll keep my eye out for that bug and if it shows up again with a new save let me know

July 15, 2015, 10:15:05 PM
Reply #28

Eggman264

• Information
    • View Profile
Ok, thanks for helping/trying to help :)

July 18, 2015, 06:12:21 PM
Reply #29

jonathanTIE

• Information
    • View Profile

Known Bugs:
Not reproduced yet, but when selecting dependency software, even if you have created that software, the selection screen remains blank

The problem happend when I load the modded save.
There was a mod (I'm not sure if it was) More software but it's a old and not updated mod and when we selecting dependency software, there were all software but I can find and use the dependency software
If it can help you to debug your mod ;)