Author Topic: Steam Workshop, how to?  (Read 5714 times)

March 21, 2016, 03:38:59 PM
Read 5714 times

SaltyPotato

• Information
    • View Profile
Hey, ive seen Software Inc supports steam workshop mods now, although, here is my question for that.

How do you add a mod to steam workshop? Ive tried searching the internet but none tell me how to do it.
Take a look at my Software Expansion mod!
http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/forum/index.php?topic=545.0

Its currently in WIP, and will have more than 14 software types added, and it also will be translated to other languages!

March 21, 2016, 05:00:48 PM
Reply #1

JackBank

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Put mod in mod folder
  • Launch the game
  • Top left corner next to Languages there is a button called Steam Workshop, click it
  • You'll see your mod, click upload
  • New window will appear with steam workshop here you can edit everything about your mod
  • You can basically remove your mod from mod folder, to update it you need to find it in steamapps, workshop and update it there, Khornel is trying to fix this.
  • when updated you'll need to go back into the game and upload the mod again and it just be updated on the steam workshop
Check out my mod at Mo' Stuff Mod

March 21, 2016, 07:41:52 PM
Reply #2

SaltyPotato

• Information
    • View Profile
  • Put mod in mod folder
  • Launch the game
  • Top left corner next to Languages there is a button called Steam Workshop, click it
  • You'll see your mod, click upload
  • New window will appear with steam workshop here you can edit everything about your mod
  • You can basically remove your mod from mod folder, to update it you need to find it in steamapps, workshop and update it there, Khornel is trying to fix this.
  • when updated you'll need to go back into the game and upload the mod again and it just be updated on the steam workshop
Thanks!
Take a look at my Software Expansion mod!
http://softwareinc.coredumping.com/forum/index.php?topic=545.0

Its currently in WIP, and will have more than 14 software types added, and it also will be translated to other languages!

March 21, 2016, 08:03:38 PM
Reply #3

JackBank

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Forgot to tell you, Ignore 6. and 7. they are fixed! :)

March 21, 2016, 08:46:25 PM
Reply #4

amensch

• Information
  • Live a life worth remembering.
    • View Profile
Forgot to tell you, Ignore 6. and 7. they are fixed! :)

Hey JackBank, I saw you uploaded a mod to the Workshop. How long did it take you to upload it, 'cause my mod doesn't want to be uploaded ^^
I tried several times, but it didn't upload and after an our the game began to extremely use my cpu (like over 30%).

March 21, 2016, 09:03:19 PM
Reply #5

JackBank

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
2 seconds

When the new steam workshop window open it notices that it says it is private and you need to make the visibility to public

If you keep pressing upload it may upload more at once.

I will make a full tutorial video on it when I get home

March 21, 2016, 09:12:31 PM
Reply #6

cray935

• Information
    • View Profile
How long did it take you to upload it, 'cause my mod doesn't want to be uploaded ^^
I tried several times, but it didn't upload and after an our the game began to extremely use my cpu (like over 30%).

I'm currently uploading a small POC and it takes me approx. 10% CPU and it's now loading for several minutes... Maybe it's a problem with steam or with the interface. I'm afraid someone should profile a mod upload to see what's wrong. The upload is not liquid, says I've got upload peeks but most of the time my network is dead.. The peeks are about 0.5% network usage on a 1GBit/s LAN connection..

March 21, 2016, 09:16:21 PM
Reply #7

JackBank

• Information
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It's odd you guys have trouble with uploading. When I uploaded it took like 2 seconds and the steam workshop popped up and I was ready to add description, title, pictures etc. etc

March 21, 2016, 09:23:39 PM
Reply #8

cray935

• Information
    • View Profile
The issue might be a steam problem.. Found a 1 year old post at table top simulator workshop upload... They used to restart the game.. ^^

https://www.reddit.com/r/tabletopsimulator/comments/2pb5nc/having_trouble_uploading_to_workshop/