Author Topic: Multi-monitor support in alpha 8 and above  (Read 5797 times)

March 19, 2016, 12:19:03 PM
Read 5797 times

khornel

• Dev
  • Information
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Software Inc
THIS HAS ONLY BEEN TESTED IN WINDOWS

EACH SCREEN YOU ADD WILL ADD EXTRA PERFORMANCE COSTS, LOWER GFX SETTINGS ACCORDINGLY

I added a couple of commandline arguments to support multiple monitors. You can use commandline arguments by either making a batch file, making a shortcut or launching through a commandline interface.
You'll need a couple arguments to make it work:
  • -popupwindow (This removes the border around the window)
  • -disableresolution (This stops the game from controlling resolution options)
  • -screen-fullscreen 0 (Since the game no longer controls resolution options you need to set it to windowed mode manually)
  • -screen-width WIDTH -screen-height HEIGHT (Use the height and width you want, if you have three 1920x1080 you should put 1920x3=5760 for WIDTH and 1080 for HEIGHT)
  • -resizepanel OFFSETLEFT,OFFSETRIGHT (This changes the offset of the main panel so it doesn't extend all screens, if you wanted it in the middle of your screens you should put 1920,1920 to offset the main panel 1920 pixels from the right and left edge, note that you should NOT use spaces between the comma separating the dimensions)
So assuming you have 3 1920x1080 monitors side by side, you could use the following arguments:
"-popupwindow -screen-fullscreen 0 -screen-width 5760 -screen-height 1080 -disableresolution -resizepanel 1920,1920"

March 24, 2016, 03:56:52 AM
Reply #1

AlbinoStoic

• Information
  • aka The AngryAlbino
    • View Profile
    • AngryAlbino's YouTube
Hello!

I really appreciate the multi-monitor support, and am having absolutely no performance degradation (VSync locked 60.00) from my modest nVidia Geforce GTX 550 and a half-decent i5-3470 .  The only thing that hurts performance (and drops me down to 4.60 fps steady) is using SSAA x2.0 (as you would expect.)

However; when I use DSR instead (4K render the game, then 1080p to my screen; via the nVidia driver) I am able to render the game just fine, with a 60.00 still there.  I think the SSAA algorithm could be improved based on this, perhaps.

--

As per multi-monitor yet again, I would love to be able to place the primary Game UI (or even move portions of it, such as the current "Task" queue from the top right) onto the secondary monitor/windows, that's my one feature ask out of this whole thing.

August 03, 2016, 01:43:24 AM
Reply #2

Maxonton

• Information
    • View Profile
Can someone tell me how to do this exactly. I have two monitors and would like to utilize the second. I am just not sure how to get this working. Help would be appreciated!

August 15, 2016, 04:27:14 PM
Reply #3

GenBOOM

• Information
    • View Profile
  • Go to your software inc directory: "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Software Inc"
  • Find software inc in your steam library
  • Right click and go to properties
  • Go to the local files tab
  • Click browse local files
  • Right click "Software Inc.exe"
  • Create shortcut to desktop
  • Right click and go to properties
  • Copy "-popupwindow -screen-fullscreen 0 -screen-width 5760 -screen-height 1080 -disableresolution -resizepanel 1920,1920"
  • Paste this into the "Target:" input box after the quotations
  • Adjust the numbers as you need for your resolution
  • Apply the changes
  • Launch the shortcut
  • Accept steams warning
  • Profit
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 04:42:52 PM by GenBOOM »

August 15, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
Reply #4

GenBOOM

• Information
    • View Profile
While this does work and launch the game, none of the UI actually shows up in-game atm.
I assume this is simply because it has not been fully supported yet...

My First monitor is actually 1920x1200 so when I launch it with these parameters:
"-popupwindow -screen-fullscreen 0 -screen-width 3840 -screen-height 1080 -disableresolution -resizepanel 1920,1920"
the borderless window is actually not in the correct position on my second smaller monitor
it is not starting from the top left of my first monitor but centers it vertically then displays it
so if there is a 200 pixel gap from the top of my first 1200p monitor that 200 pixel gap will happen on my 2nd 1080p monitor
effectively losing 200 pixels below my taskbar or the bottom edge of the window
so rather than centering it vertically based upon my first monitor or my biggest monitor or the overall height of my desktop,
center it vertically based upon the smallest monitor currently available
alternatively just display it on the top left so there is no gap to get propagated to other monitors
I don't think this would be an issue if my monitors were in the opposite order
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 05:12:13 PM by GenBOOM »

August 16, 2019, 05:08:33 AM
Reply #5

KamEncoum

• Information
    • View Profile
Before this post, I really thought Regal was doing much better as these boards after his banning, but this throws all that out the window.

If you liked this article so you would like to get more info regarding Will mw4 have Battle Royale  please visit the page